Ortech Industries is an Australian owned company established in 1985, which manufactures Durra Panel, Durra Steel Sections and Durra Panelised Building Systems at its production facility located in Bendigo Victoria. Our vision is to be the leading manufacturer of the world’s most sustainable building material and to see it used extensively across the globe.
About The Role
With the growth & expansion that is happening in our Modular Buildings department we are looking for a 1st year Apprentice Carpenter to join our growing team. We specialise in prefabricated modular homes which we produce at our manufacturing facility in Bendigo and then transported to site for final installation.
You are self-motivated and driven to make a difference with a strong attention to detail. You enjoy sharing your passion for sustainable building and want to make an impactful change in the industry.
Essential Skills & Attributes
• High level of attention to detail.
• Physically fit and capable.
• Reliable and hardworking.
• Be a confident communicator.
• Basic knowledge of hand tools.
• Current driver’s license.
• Completed a pre-apprenticeship (preferred).
• White card (preferred).
• Monthly RDO’s.
• All tools supplied.
• Same work location, majority of works undercover in our factory.
• Minimum travel.
• Great Factory Team and environment.
• Equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
If you think you are the right fit and has what it takes to help grow our modular building department, please send you resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to start a career in carpentry. You must also be capable of meeting the following mandatory requirements;
• Strict drug & alcohol policy which must be passed to secure employment.
• Daily alcohol breathalyser testing is conducted prior to work commencing.
• Pre-Employment Medical and Physicals are required before commencement of work.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.