Ortech Industries is an Australian owned company established in 1985, which manufactures Durra Panel, Durra Steel Sections and Durra Panelised Building Systems at its production facility located in Bendigo Victoria. Our vision is to be the leading manufacturer of the world’s most sustainable building material and to see it used extensively across the globe.
About The Role
With the growth that is happening in our Modular Buildings department, we are looking for an experienced Construction Coordinator who will oversee the construction schedule and develop key relationships with our sub-contractors, suppliers, residential and commercial clients & stakeholders.
You are self-motivated and driven to make a difference with strong attention to detail. You enjoy sharing your passion for sustainable building and want to make an impactful change in the industry.
• Overseeing and coordinating construction projects from the pre-construction stage to completion, including project programming for Ortech factory construction works.
• Coordinate all subcontractors to meet construction deadlines.
• Coordinating Permit Inspections in the factory and on-site.
• Reporting on project progress to support project management and financing procedures.
• Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
• Oversee our social housing flat packs – project scheduling, stocktake, despatch and post-delivery follow-ups.
• Overseeing and managing construction in Ortech factory and on-site to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
• Conduct and document quality assurance and safety inspections throughout the construction process.
• Work with internal stakeholders across the company for construction detailing and sourcing of materials required.
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Emphasis on customer service and professionalism in your approach.
• Experience in the domestic and/or commercial building market.
• Exceptional time management.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook and Excel.
• A strong work ethic and ability to multitask.
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to read plans, knowledge of council function and understanding of contracts.
How to Apply
If you think you are the right fit and have what it takes to keep growing our modular building business, please send your resume and cover letter.