Ortech Industries is an Australian owned company established in 1985, which manufactures Durra Panel, Durra Steel Sections and Durra Panelised Building Systems at its production facility located in Bendigo Victoria. Our vision is to be the leading manufacturer of the world’s most sustainable building material and to see it used extensively across the globe.
About The Role
We’re looking for a dedicated individual who preferably has a mechanical trade background with extensive Machine Operation experience, and who is a natural leader and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in a manufacturing environment, and the ability to work with team members in achieving successful daily production requirements.
The position will be attached directly to the Maintenance Department and will see alternate basic Maintenance duties carried out within such role.
• Extensive experience in the operation of large production machinery and equipment.
• A strong mechanical aptitude with preferable trade qualifications.
• Attention to detail that will guarantee production is manufactured within specified quality standards.
• A sound decision-making ability with a strong focus on personal safety and that of fellow employees.
• An ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment without sacrifices to safety.
• A proven ability to follow tasks through to completion to set company standards and directives.
• A basic understanding of manufacturing quality systems.
• The ability to quickly learn and gain a full understanding of new machines and equipment.
• Basic computer skills.
• Sound written and verbal communication skills.
• Other production line and maintenance activities as required.
• With a genuine passion to succeed, you share in your team’s achievements. Your continual focus on continuous improvement, and challenging the ‘Norm’, will see you thrive and rewarded in this dynamic environment.
• Your ability to apply yourself in your professional manner that is conducive to the development of your peers, and your passion to ‘Lead by example’ attitude, will see you both personally and professionally rewarded.
• To meet the expectations in this role you need to bring with you a high-quality approach to your work, a very strong desire to achieve, and enjoy a continuously improving work culture.
• If you believe you have what it takes to join a team striving to be the best in the industry, and are capable of meeting the following mandatory requirements;
• A strict drug & alcohol policy must be passed to secure employment.
• Daily alcohol breathalyser testing is conducted prior to work commencing.
• Pre-Employment Medical and Physicals are required before commencement of work.
• Successful candidates will be provided with continual and ongoing on the job training.
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to join a growing Australian company striving to be the best in the industry, that support their team to grow both professionally and personally then please compete the below form including your resume and cover letter.