Ortech Industries is an Australian owned company established in 1985, which manufactures Durra Panel, Durra Steel Sections and Durra Panelised Building Systems at its production facility located in Bendigo Victoria. Our vision is to be the leading manufacturer of the world’s most sustainable building material and to see it used extensively across the globe.
About The Role
This is a great opportunity for a Maintenance Fitter to join a growing Australian company based in Bendigo, Victoria.
The Maintenance Fitter is responsible for undertaking a variety of tasks which range from general maintenance throughout the steel and panel departments, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & problem solving and building of new manufacturing machinery.
To be successful you will have
• Trade Qualifications (essential).
• Heavy industrial maintenance experience.
• A demonstrated ability to analyse/fault find, ability to troubleshoot & rectify problems and recommend methods of improvement to prevent reoccurrences.
• Experience in the prompt rectification of production breakdowns in a systematic and timely manner.
• Pneumatics and Hydraulics experience - with the ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams.
• Fabrication - MIG/TIG welding and acetylene.
• Forklift ticket preferable.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment, whilst providing training and direction to apprentices.
• The ability to document daily activities to high detail and suggest plans of improvement.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of rest manufacturing practices and Occupational Health and Safety.
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, whilst still maintaining set timelines.
• Post-trade qualifications in supervision, project management, 'S' class electrical licence etc - would be highly regarded.
With a genuine passion to succeed, you share in your team’s achievements. Your continual focus on continuous improvement, and then challenging the ‘Norm’, will see you thrive and rewarded in this dynamic environment.
Your ability to apply yourself in a professional manner that is conducive to the development of your peers, and your passion to ‘Lead by example’ attitude, will see you both personally and professionally rewarded.
• Monthly RDO’s.
• All tools supplied.
• A great team culture.
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to join a growing Australian company striving to be the best in the industry, that support their team to grow both professionally and personally then please complete the below form including your resume and cover letter.
Please note, all employees are required to pass:
• Strict drug & alcohol policy to secure employment.
• Daily alcohol breathalyser testing is conducted prior to work commencing.
• Pre-Employment Medical and Physicals are required before commencement of work.