Ortech Industries is an Australian owned company established in 1985, which manufactures Durra Panel, Durra Steel Sections and Durra Panelised Building Systems at its production facility located in Bendigo Victoria. Our vision is to be the leading manufacturer of the world’s most sustainable building material and to see it used extensively across the globe.
About The Role
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join a growing Australian company based in Bendigo, Victoria.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for delivering sustainable improvements that ensure operations objectives are achieved. With a hands-on approach in their ability to ensure the continual operation and effectiveness of all plant and equipment by managing all maintenance, preventative maintenance and breakdown responses.
• Developing maintenance plans and implementing them.
• Ability to identify key issues in systematic processes and advise changes.
• Ensuring quality control standards are being practised and consistently met by all staff.
• Ensuring all safety protocols are followed by all maintenance staff during their day-to-day processes.
• Keeping track of supply and material inventories.
• Purchasing any equipment, tools, or materials that may be required.
• Updating maintenance logs for all machinery.
• Establishing protocols for non-mechanical maintenance.
• Ensuring basic tools and machinery are in working order by performing regular inspections.
• Assessing procedures and making recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
• Provide expert tutelage to apprentices in developing strong industry skillsets.
• Oversee that proper schooling is being provided to apprentices with regular contact with TAFE teachers regarding any shortfalls in education.
• Coordinate regularly with the Factory Operations Manager regarding downtime of machinery and processes for adequate labour and production planning purposes.
• Coordinate with administration regarding best costs practices in the delivery of goods relating to the operation of the maintenance department.
• Developing and maintaining site maintenance.
• Ensure housekeeping of maintenance work areas.
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Minimum of 7 years experience in a Production/Engineering Managers role.
• Tertiary qualifications in a Technical or Engineering discipline.
• Toolmaking ability a bonus.
• Excellent demonstrated time management skills and excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
• Ability to work at a strategic level whilst also taking a hands-on approach.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as strong analytical and organisation skills.
• Change management skills - the ability to think, communicate and influence change within the asset care function.
• Solid coaching capabilities, to create and nurture effective relationships within the engineering function.
• The ability for creative thinking, tenacity and dedication to improving asset performance and operational productivity.
How to Apply
To be successful in this role you need to bring a high-quality approach to your work, prioritise safety, and enjoy a continuously improving work culture. If you believe you have what it takes to join a team striving to be the best in the industry, please apply by completing the below form.