Ortech Industries is an Australian owned company established in 1985, which manufactures Durra Panel, Durra Steel Sections and Durra Panelised Building Systems at its production facility located in Bendigo Victoria. Our vision is to be the leading manufacturer of the world’s most sustainable building material and to see it used extensively across the globe.
About The Role
With the growth & expansion that is happening in our Modular Buildings department we are looking for an experienced Carpenter to join our growing team. We specialise in prefabricated modular homes which we produce at our manufacturing facility in Bendigo and then transported to site for final installation.
You are self-motivated and driven to make a difference with a strong attention to detail. You enjoy sharing your passion for sustainable building and want to make an impactful change in the industry.
• Install walls, ceilings, floors and roofs systems using materials such as: Durra Panel, Durra Steel Sections, timber, steel, metal ect.
• Fit and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trims.
• Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
• Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
• Able to read and interpret detailed documents or drawings.
• Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
• Liaise with the Client Management, Project Management and Design/Documentation teams.
• Liaising with and coordinating sub-contractors and trades.
• Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standard by all trades.
• Lead, train & mentor apprentices.
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Able to work unsupervised.
• Experience in domestic or commercial building market.
• Exceptional time management.
• A strong work ethic and ability to multitask.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Emphasis on customer service and professionalism in your approach.
• White card.
• Current driver’s license
• Monthly RDO’s.
• All tools supplied.
• Same work location, majority of works undercover in our factory.
• Minimum travel.
• Great Factory Team and environment.
• Equal opportunity workplace.
• Opportunity to develop construction details in collaboration with the team.
How to Apply
If you think you are the right fit and has what it takes to help grow our modular building department, please send you resume and cover letter. You must also be capable of meeting the following mandatory requirements;
• Strict drug & alcohol policy which must be passed to secure employment.
• Daily alcohol breathalyser testing is conducted prior to work commencing.
• Pre-Employment Medical and Physicals are required before commencement of work.